In my earlier article we had discussed How to Add Quiz to business presentation using action button under the Insert menu in Power point. In this tutorial I will explain how to make an effective and killer presentation by adding quiz questions and answers in business presentation using Animation Option in Microsoft Power point 2007.
During a business meeting some of the presentations are face to face in conference rooms but many are virtual using web and video conference which makes it more and more difficult to make effective presentation for the virtual audience
This method will also add interactivity during the presentation which will enable participation of attendees in the meeting, more so in a virtual presentation. If you can make the audience participate, definitely the message you are trying convey will be accepted by the audience.
Here are few steps to Create a Quiz based Presentation using animation option in Microsoft Power Point 2007.
Step 1: Power point templates, graphics and icons
For any presentations you should ensure you have 3 basic components
- Excellent Power Point Templates ,
- Good Graphics and
- Creative Icons, Buttons, Images
I have done some research in the web and have identified that Presentation Pro Site has excellent templates, graphics and icons for a reasonable price. For discount use Discount Code: JAZZ97338
I have created a Sample quiz based business presentation using animation in Microsoft Power Point 2007 for you.
Animate your Quiz Presentations
Step 2: Adding True or False Business Question
Step 2.1: Setting the Question
For our example I have taken a business related question Did we achieve our revenue target for financial year 2010?
The answer to this is TRUE.
The image shows us the screen shot from the slide with this question.
In next few steps I will explain how to animate our answer.
Step 2.2: Adding Animation to the word TRUE
To add animation to the caption TRUE refer to the image and follow the steps below
- Select the Animation menu.
- Select the Custom Animation Option which will open the custom animation window on the right hand side.
- In Custom animation window select Add Effects.
- Select option Emphasis, then select More Effects in the sub menu.
- In Add Emphasis menu select Spin (I have selected spin and related effects but you can select any of the animations available based on your need). This spin effect will spin word TRUE 360 or 720 degrees based settings we set (discussed in next point). We have selected Emphasis mainly because the word TRUE is in the slide already and we will have use the animations to emphasize the word TRUE.
Step 2.3: Setting Values to Animation for the word TRUE
We will have to set three values to the animation we have created so far.
- How the animation will start? (On Click or With Previous or After Previous Animation)
- Amount of rotation 360 or 720 degrees
- Speed of Animation.
For our example (see image below),
- Select the Text Box which is being animated – Text Box 14: TRUE.
- Set start as On Click,
- Amount as 720 degrees rotation and
- The speed as Very slow.
Step 2.4: Making word FALSE fly out during slide show
As the answer is TRUE, the word FALSE should exit from the slide after the word TRUE is emphasized. Let us see how it is done in the next few steps and as seen in the image below.
- Select the Custom Option in Animation menu.
- This will open the custom animation window on the right hand side.
- In custom animation select Add Effects.
- Select Option Exit, then select More Effects in the sub menu.
- In Add Exit effects menu select Fly out (I have selected fly out and related effects but you can select any of the animations available based on your need). This Fly out effect will make the word FALSE to fly. We have selected Exit Effect mainly because the word FALSE should disappear during the slide show when the animation of word TRUE is happening.
Step 2.5: Setting Values for Animation to the word FALSE
We will have to set three values to the animation for the word FALSE to fly out.
- When should the Exit should start ( On Click or With Previous or After Previous Animation)
- Direction in which the text should exit.
- Speed of the Animation.
For our example (see image below)
- Select the Text Box which is being animated – Text Box 37: FALSE
- Set start as With Previous,
- Direction To Bottom and
- The speed as Very slow animation
Move to slide show and test out the animation
For your trial I have created all these steps in a set of few slides which are also available for free download. Also excellent templates, icons and graphics are available for download from here for reasonable price. You can also check out our article on the Top 10 Websites to download Free PowerPoint Presentation Templates where you will find the best websites to download PowerPoint Templates absolutely free.
This way we can create Killer Presentation during business meetings. In my future articles I will be covering How to build Multiple Choice Question Answer and Match the following Choice Question Answer using animation